AboutIn just 11 years, Christopher Newport University’s Ferguson Center for the Arts has become an international force, presenting the finest cultural attractions in the world. Nearly 2 million people from around the world have experienced more than 500 hundred performances in our acoustically superb theaters.
The eclectic nature of our season is consistent with our mission: to offer a broad range of performances, reach the largest possible number of community members, all-the-while maintaining our status as the finest performing arts center in Hampton Roads.
Thank you for your continued support. The best is yet to come! Please join us as we raise the curtain on our 10th season!
Our MissionThe mission of the Ferguson Center for the Arts at Christopher Newport University is to enhance and enrich the cultural development and awareness of the University and its constituents in the region by offering cost-effective, diversified and superior cultural experiences, delivered with the highest level of service. In support of this mission, the Ferguson Center is committed to:
- Promoting cultural awareness as a life-long experience and fostering the appreciation for diverse cultures through the presentation of quality artists of distinction.
- Advocating a greater awareness and appreciation of the arts as experiences central to the quality of life for the communities that we serve.
- Serving as the cultural leader in community development and enrichment activities by providing access and opportunities for participation in cultural programs for all segments of our community.
- Enhancing and advocating the implementation of arts in education planning, programs and instruction at the University and in the regional educational systems.
- Developing and promoting strong partnerships between the arts, education and business communities in the region.
- Maintaining a leadership posture in advocating collaborations and support of the arts at the local, regional and national level.
Ferguson Enterprises’ Contribution to the Ferguson Center for the ArtsFerguson is proud to support The Ferguson Center for the Arts. Based in Newport News, we are the largest wholesale distributor of plumbing in the U.S., and one of the top distributors of HVAC, waterworks and industrial products. In the past 60 years, we’ve grown from a local distributor to an $11 billion dollar company with more than 1,300 locations and over 19,000 associates nationwide.
Our company is committed to being a good corporate citizen and a strengthening the communities where we live and work. It’s a challenge we share with more than 19,000 associates who help Ferguson fulfill its mission by lending a hand where it’s needed. Supporting our communities, families, the military and education is not that different from what we do every day – providing what it takes to keep a wide range of good things going, making everyone’s lives better.